Authentic Montessori environments encompass the following principles:
- Mixed-age groups which not only offer a wide range of activities to spark children’s interest but also enable children to learn from others and learn by helping others.
- Freedom for children to work at their own pace, without interruption, choosing from a range of activities that are developmentally challenging and appropriate.
- Exploration is encouraged so that children find things out for themselves, make mistakes and correct them independently.
- Respect for each child as an individual personality with unique talents.
- Respect for others, the community and the environment.
- An AMI Montessori teacher has a deep understanding of child development and has been thoroughly trained to guide children towards productive and challenging experiences, both individually and collectively, that will provide a firm foundation for their future.
by Trevor Eissler
A parent to parent argument for Montressori education.
Reflect on some of the original teachings
and words of wisdom from
kids. Just watch
what parents say.
None bigger than early education. Parents know that at Cambridge Motnessori we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery.